Sunday, August 23, 2009

sunscreen? whatever dude.



this is almost exactly how my copy looks, but without the black border added by the photographer, (what a douche :] ). anyway, this book is a work of art that any other author would be lucky to learn from.
the character Zooey is absolutely phenomenal. everything he does is with an abruptness that just grows on me the more i read. i'd like to think that i'm a bit like Zooey. i mean he's a bit of an ass to everyone, he is very good at denial, he loves hot baths and hates it when people bother him in said baths, and he's an incredible smart ass. one thing we also share is that we both tend to take ourselves a little to seriously. :) at one point zooey is talking to his younger sister franny who has driven herself to distraction by obsessing over this thing called the jesus prayer that you're supposed to say over and over until it becomes part of you and you can pray without ceasing (bullshit in my opinion), and he just lays down on the floor, then a few seconds later his torso shoots up "with the same startling abruptness as a corpse falling from a closet". as easy as it would be to hate zooey i find myself absolutely in looove.



SUNSCREEN? whatever dude.
i think i've been sunburned like three times in the thirteen years of my life. i tan. i do NOT burn. also, if i have any say in the matter i don't use sunscreen. i mean come on people, unless you're in the dessert or gonna be working in the hot summer sun for 24 hours, ask yourself what is this really doing for me? if your someone like me and you don't sunburn and just tan, in my opinion the answer is a big fat NOTHING. i mean the only thing sunscreen does is stop you from getting burned, but if you have the right skin that doesn't sunburn anyway all you need to worry about is skin cancer. well guess what folks? most sunscreens say in the FINE PRINT
that, THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT PREVENT OR PROTECT AGAINST SKIN CANCER. yep. yep. i SAID it. sunscreen is bullshit if you don't burn anyway. so, this one goes out to everyone who ever made me wear sunscreen, FUCK OFF.
SAVAGE TAN? alRIGHT man.
i loooove to be tan. when i look in the mirror during the summer and something brown looks back at me i think i look healthy and vibrant as opposed to pale and sunscreen slathered like something that crawled out from under a log. the other day my mom told me not to get any more tan than i already am. WHAT?! WHAT?! "mooooom you're ruining my life!". because what's wrong with being darkened by the wonderful sun? i feel my best when i'm all bronze! i looooooove the sun, love love love it. where do you think we would be without it huh? besides white peeps like me, get tan because their body is adding more pigment to their skin to PROTECT itself from the sun. being tan is GOOD GOOD GOOD. my darker skin is really the best thing to protect me from skin cancer.

besides WHAT could be worth forsaking the sun? how could i not bask in the warmth that is slowly seeping into my core? how could i not stretch and live and be free in these stolen days of summer? simply impossible to give that up says i.

No comments: